top of page

Gssc 同窓会グループ

公開·10名のメンバー
Parker Garcia
Parker Garcia

Is It A Good Idea To Buy A Treadmill

The motor's continuous horsepower (CHP) may be more important for walkers than runners. "When you're running, there are moments in time when you're off the belt. But walking, for the most part, your body and the soles of your feet are [always] in contact," says Colleen Logan, VP of marketing at Icon Fitness, the parent company of NordicTrack. This can create more resistance on the belt, which can drag on the motor and potentially slow it down or wear it out more quickly. Walking workouts may also last longer than running ones, which is another reason to look for a decently powerful motor. "When you're working for an hour on the treadmill, that's a lot of continuous strain on the motor," says Logan.

is it a good idea to buy a treadmill

If you're planning on using the treadmill for running, your first consideration should be belt size. You'll be happiest with a longer, wider belt, as your stride is longer when you run than when you walk, so your legs need more room than you think. You may also be moving from side to side without noticing. "Some people naturally sway a little bit [when they run], especially beginner runners, and when you have more room, it's a lot more comfortable," says Logan. The belt should be at least 18 inches wide and 48 to 54 inches long, though taller runners may want to look for something that's about 22 inches wide and 60 inches long.

Another thing to think about is the warranty that comes with your treadmill. A warranty is a written guarantee from the manufacturer to the consumer that they will repair or replace an item if it breaks down within a certain timeframe. Treadmill warranties vary by brand, but in most cases they cover four variables: the frame (the build of the treadmill), the treadmill parts (including the walking belt, electronic wiring, and rollers), the motor (the part that makes the treadmill run), and the labor (having someone come to your house to work on your equipment).

One of the most popular types of home exercise equipment is the treadmill, which provides a straightforward, efficient aerobic workout. For many, treadmills are a good choice to begin a new exercise routine because walking is well tolerated by most individuals regardless of fitness level and for most back conditions. As strength and endurance are developed, the treadmill can be used for jogging and/or for interval training.

If getting in shape and/or losing weight are primary concerns, treadmills might be the best machine to accomplish these objectives. In a recent study comparing exercise, users who felt that they had exercised equally strenuously on bikes and treadmills actually spent 25% more calories on the treadmill. (Milwaukee VA Hospital Study) .

Like stationary bikes and elliptical trainers, treadmills can be fairly expensive, so it is a good idea to try a variety of different models to find equipment with the right combination of features. Some factors and features that should be considered include:

Elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, and treadmills are just a few kinds of home exercise equipment that can improve overall cardiovascular health and deliver physical and mental health benefits to users. Although there are a range of models and features to choose from, it is relatively easy to learn how to use each. The most difficult part of exercise is getting started, but it is important to note that most physicians and studies confirm that just 20 minutes of moderate exercise every other day can result in lasting benefits. Taking the time to find the equipment that fits in with lifestyle, exercise goals, and home environment will make those 20 minutes both an enjoyable and healthful experience.

Running provides a myriad of benefits for our bodies. A well-structured session increases stamina, strengthens our joints and skeletal muscles, enables us to stay healthy and also provides a boost of energy. A great way to improve your running and make it way easier to be consistent with is to buy a treadmill.

Are you bored of running circles at the track all the time? Or live in the area that is completely flat or, otherwise, too hilly for a proper session? Using a treadmill is a great way to create variety in your training plan.

I go to the gym and I use their treadmill, but I think to myself that I would use it more frequently if it was sitting in my living room. I could walk/run while watching TV, listening to my tunes, whatever. But I also see friends who use theirs as lawn art, a place to hang clothes, or inevitably, on Craigslist. What do you think?

Definitely get a treadmill! I bought a used one a little over a year ago on Craigslist. It has MORE than paid for itself - it saves me gym membership fees and the regret of not running when I'm feeling lazy. Keeping it in a visible, desirable place will prevent the lawn art problem. Mine is in front of a TV so that I can watch movies; I also use my Kindle to watch Dancing with the Stars while I run, which is a great motivator!

Get the treadmill. If you're motivated to use it, you will. I go to the gym, but I like my own treadmill for days when I don't have time to get there. My Flex motivates me to move more and I get on the treadmill at home when I get bored.

My brother is the same as you KateDu. He goes to the gym, but says he does not have time to use their treadmill. He bought one himself & actually does use it. I told him that it was a waste of money because there are some at his gym.

I guess it just depends on the person. Like KateDu said....if you'll be inclined to use it then buy it. Maybe get a treadmill that has a return policy like 30 days. If you find yourself not being commited to it, then return it

I'll use when I want to read or watch a video on the computer but if I'm stuck inside to workout for whatever reason I'm more likely to do a workout video (p90x, insanity...) More exciting and way cheaper than a treadmill.

What's wrong in walking/running outdoors? It costs nothing, doesn't take up valuable real estate in your home, you'd get fresh air (well, maybe not if you live in a very polluted city) and the landscape/terrain keeps changing. I'd be bored to death if I had to use a treadmill.

I've had a treadmill before. What I liked better was a Tread Climber. I used mine for 7 years, then it gave out. The Tread Climber is shorter, which takes up less space, and has higher inclines than a treadmill. It's also wider. I loved mine and used it several times a week. The brand was NordicTrack.

If you do decide to buy a used treadmill, go to a gym equipment retailer first to try a few. The good ones are expensive, but they will save you money on gym fees in the long run, and will operate better and with less problems, plus have more options that you may like.

I have a treadmill and it is in the family room. If I am going to watch TV I try to walk at the same time. It is not the cold that pushes me to the treadmill it is the time. I normally run/walk alone. I will not do that in the dark alone. So during the work week I use the treadmill and on the weekends or if I am not working during the daylight hours I run outside.

My husband and I purchased a treadmill in 2009 and we both use it almost every day and put over 40 miles on it each week. As long as you have the desire and motivation to use it, and do the regular recommended maintenance on it, it should run for years. We've never had a problem with ours and it's one of the best purchases we've made. We purchased on that was on clearance at a sporting goods store for 1/2 price.

Dominique- Nothing wrong with walking outdoors but there are also valid reasons to own a treadmill. Summers here are 5 months of over 100 degrees, nearly 24 hours. No 'proper gear' for that. On a treadmill, I can do incline walking or walk safely at 2am if I choose to. On a treadmill, I can set my laptop on it and work for hours at a walk. On a treadmill you can walk without leaving kids home unattended (or dragging them along). I can also abort my walk and be back at my desk in 5 seconds, if duty calls.

Outdoors is great for running - if you have a nice climate. Here in N Wales its raining a lot of the time and I'm not so hardcore that I go and run in the reain, especially if its dark and cold too. Also some weeks I have to be available on the phone so not practical to run outdoors. I bought a treadmill 2 years ago and wore out 2 decks on it. Some weeks 30 - 40 miles. I made an area in my garage for it. To stay motivated I installed a TV and a HiFi on a shelf right in front of the mill so easy to access while running. Also fitted a fan which (even in a cold climate) is neccessary when running. I just sold my old one and bought a new reebok ZR10 which arrives friday!

There are plenty of great options available for home use treadmills. The right treadmill for you will be based on your budget, fitness goals, and any space limitations. You can check out our list of Best Treadmills for Home Use to get in-depth information and reviews on the top treadmills on the market.

While you can potentially save a lot of money by buying a used treadmill, the problems you may encounter with your machine down the line may not be worth it. When purchasing a used treadmill, make sure you thoroughly examine the machine for any defects.

When you reach the end of the guide and are more familiar with key treadmill terms and features, you will be ready to explore which brands and models are right for you. To help with this, the guide concludes with links to our honest treadmill reviews and overall brand reviews.

If you expect heavy usage and high demands like frequent top speed intervals and incline training, it can be worth it to spend more. Not only are these products often built with higher quality standards, but they tend to be backed by more protective warranties. On the other hand, if you only plan to use your treadmill for walking or otherwise light usage, it could make sense to spend less. Regardless, sweat is corrosive, and higher-quality steels with features like electrostatic powder coatings are less susceptible to rusting. In the long run, this could translate to a lower overall cost of ownership. 041b061a72

グループについて

グループへようこそ!他のメンバーと交流したり、最新情報を入手したり、動画をシェアすることができます。

メンバー

bottom of page